AN IN-PERSON SUPERVISION GROUP
4-D Wheel Approach AASECT Supervision
An embodied approach to body, mind, heart, and spirit. Created by Dr.Gina Ogden, this approach is grounded in systems theory and sex survey research and was developed through decades of clinical practice and affirmed by findings of contemporary neuroscience.
The Four-Dimensional Wheel approach to body, mind, heart, and spirit is an embodied practice. It springs from spiritual principles that honor all people, all diversity, and all life. It is grounded in systems theory and sex survey research and has developed through decades of clinical practice. Its healing effects are often extraordinary; findings of contemporary neuroscience affirm them.
The approach is based on the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition, where the person’s journey is viewed through the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual quadrants. The founder of 4-D and the 4-D Network, Dr. Ogden, combined western sexology and indigenous practices to discuss sexuality, trauma, and spirituality in an embodied/somatic way.
The Four-Dimensional Wheel is an invitation to walk the wheel: moving and speaking from the different quadrants helps one step-into new ways to explore, identify, and express an issue, a desire, and possible solutions.
The template is ancient and universal.
You will explore the deepest truths of your sexual stories: body, mind, heart, and spirit.
The work is safe, moving, collaborative, fun, and often surprising.
You can use it immediately with your clients, your partner(s), and most importantly with yourself.
This experiential training is for professional practitioners who want to expand their clinical skills to include the 4-D Wheel.
In each session, participants and facilitator will utilize the 4-D Wheel to review cases and facilitate training around trauma, sexuality, couples, groups, spirituality, and other topics that case consultation warrants. With this non-pathologizing approach, clinicians will learn to use the 4-D Wheel and integrate it with different theoretical approaches as a tool for various clients and presenting issues.
- You will develop your 4-D Wheels, then have the opportunity to apply your knowledge with your clients between each supervision session.
- Throughout the supervision group, group members and facilitator will work together to address clinical challenges, deepen your understanding of yourself as a clinician, and learn how the 4-D approach can support you and your clients.
- This training will be experiential with embodied techniques to assist participants gain a lived experience with 4-D.
- You will be able to use group hours towards AASECT Sex Therapy Certification. (Note: Completion of the group does not guarantee AASECT Certification.)
The journey begins on May 17th, 2023
The group meets for 2 hours every other week for 7 sessions
Wednesday’s 10 am -12 pm PDT
The group fulfills 12-hour AASECT group supervision hours (Sessions 2-7).
Plus, an additional workshop session to provide 4-D education and CEU credit (first session).
$180/ 2-hour group ($90/hour)
Option 1: $1,120 | One Payment Before the Start of the Group
Option 2: Two Payments of $630 | One Before the Start of the Group + Second Payment Before Week 4
Training is in-person in Topanga, CA | Exact location provided upon registration
Maximum 4 participants
Requirements for Group Participation
- Read Dr. Ogden’s books (1) Expanding The Practice of Sex Therapy and (2) Exploring Desire Workbook for Professionals.
- Access to clients to invite into your 4-D Wheel.
- Participation in all 7 sessions. No make-up sessions.
- Space to create your wheel. Although a virtual group, you will need space to place and walk around your wheel.
- Signed contract with a primary AASECT Supervisor.